I know everyone is busy this summer with their grilling out and their float trips and whatever else it is you people do in the sun. As for me, I stay indoors (unless I’m at a Black Diamond show) and enjoy me the finest in independent wrestling that the area has to offer.
Here are some upcoming highlights I wanted to touch on
July 22nd, IWC returns to Elizabeth, PA for their Threat Level Midnight event – I will do a whole preview of that event next week, so will only say that tickets are available at http://iwcwrestling.com/
RWA, who i sadly have been unable to hit up a show for this year, has had a lot going on with some sort of election angle that looks hilarious – as all things that involve Mempho Mofo do – their next event is September 2nd in West Newton, PA – you can find info out about that event at their website at http://rwalive.com/index.html – the one thing I want to mention about their September show is that one of the top women’s wrestlers in the land – Holidead – will be in action – you do not want to mention a rare Pittsburgh area to check her out. I fully think you’ll be seeing her on television soon.
Also on July 22nd, no flyer yet, but KSWA is having Brawl Under the Bridge III featuring Demolition Ax against Shawn Blanchard. This event will be in Homestead from what I’m hearing.
Now, if you really wanted to hang out with Ax…as well as his partner Smash, you should have been at Diamond Joe’s Five Star Hoagies in Butler, PA – it was the second successful event that iconic promoter Diamond Joe Rogers has held at his hoagie shop. As a fat guy, I can attest that the food there is great. As a wrestling fan, I can attest that Joe’s meet and greets have been fun so far and there will be many more to come. Be sure to keep up to date on Joe’s events (including an upcoming Night of Legends show in September) – by liking his Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/DiamondJoesFiveStarHoagies/
Black Diamond Wrestling is presenting Lego Mania this coming Saturday at the Bellaire Toy and Plastic Brick Museum. This event is an early 1pm start and is certain to be fun, plus the admission includes museum admission so it is a 2 for 1 deal. Catch up with Black Diamond on their Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/BlackDiamondWrestling/
But the main thing that is happening on Saturday, July 15th, is the Stomp Out Cancer event that is going to be the best wrestling show in the area this weekend. As a member of the Punjabi Peace Accords, I am happy to see different companies coming together for an important cause, I wish events like this would happen more often but hey, let’s be real here folks – in professional wrestling egos run rampant – from the fans to the talent to the podcasters….heck even the bloggers have egos (fyi follow me on Twitter @treygar and don’t forget about my every now and then women’s wrestling column at http://www.indywrestling.us/ )
This event will be at the Stronghold, behind Laurel Mall, in Lemont Furnace, PA. Doors at 6pm, pre-show at 630pm, and bell time at 7pm. Sorgatron Media will be on hand selling DVD’s from their library and there may be some Super Indy I DVD’s still left which I recently purchased and highly recommend.
100% of the proceeds go to the American Cancer Society, which is amazing and a testament to the great folks running this event.
Many of the matches for this event involve multiple wrestlers and/or tag teams – here is the match lineup so far.
- Jack Pollock vs Christian Black vs Duke Davis vs Darin Dinero – Dinero has not been in the area for a minute – am looking forward to seeing him in the ring again.
- Robert Parker Williams, Sheik Abdul Hassan, and Jake Garrett (with manager BC Steele) will be taking on Party Gras and Keith Haught. The Bearcat is always fun to watch.
- As if a four way dance doesn’t get you excited – how about adding a few more men and making it a six way dance – that is what is happening as it will be Thomas Adams vs Stryder vs Troy Lords vs The Bouncer vs Noctus vs Shane InYaFace – I don’t know everyone in this match but I do know Noctus enough to know that he is the one to watch in this match!
- Queen of the Silver Screen Katie Arquette will be taking on Honey Badger in a women’s contest
- The Gavel, Flawless David Lawless will be taking on Matt Conard – I’m definitely excited to see this matchup
- G-Raver will take on Shirley Doe in what is a match of some legends of this area
- Advertised as well is The Founding Fathers in the same building as legendary promoter Norm Connors
- Lee Moriarty goes up against Shawn Phoenix in what will be the flippy contest of the night…and my early pick for match of the night given what I’ve seen of these two high flyers recently
- That being said….the match I’m most looking forward to is the Steel City Classic Tag Team Gauntlet featuring the following tag teams: The Sexy Talented Dudes, System Elite, Squadron M, Robert Parker Williams and Calvin Couture, Big Twan Tucker and Parker Pierce, Jami Jameson and Marshall the Bull, the Thought Police, and the international debut of one of the hottest hyped tag teams in the area in recent memory, the Sauna Club.
- Sauna Club has been a trending topic (next to Jack Pollock, of course), and there is no telling what their debut will bring – but it may be a debut on the same epic level as Emmalina if my gut is right on this one
So yes, there is loads of wrestling talent on display this Saturday night, so let’s show some support for a good cause and get entertained by some of the best this area has to offer. I will be in attendance, probably sitting beside Calvin Couture’s cousin since we’re going out for a late dinner after the show.
More news on the Stomp Out Cancer event can be found at their Facebook event page – https://www.facebook.com/stompoutcancerpgh
Thanks for reading, I’ll see you at the matches.