Fun night at International Wrestling Cartel’s (IWC) Summer Vacation last night. Going to get right to the results and the rankings.
- The event opened with a standoff between the four tag teams involved in the scramble match….there was a huge pop for Jami Jameson….to prevent all out warfare to start the evening, IWC head Justin Plummer came out and announced that the tag team scramble would be the main event of the evening, and that the winner of the match would get a shot at the tag team title when the company RETURNS to Beaver Falls in October
- So right off the bat the fans from the area got good news that another event would be in their backyard
- Also, Plummer stated that with all the tag teams spitting fire to one another, may as well make the main event a good old fashioned Beaver Falls Street Fight
- SIDE NOTE: Nice try by Plummer trying to capitalize on fellow promoter Diamond Joe Rogers historic New Kensington Street Fight from last year, but we all know that this is Diamond Joe’s world and we’re just living in it
- Jack Pollock vs Keith Haught opened the in ring action for the night
- SIDE NOTE: Who wears the headband/man bun combo better – Jack Pollock or Andrew Palace fan Brad Kaylor?
- With the help of RC Dupree, Pollock got the victory over the Bearcat
- In a thrilling 10-12 minute long match, Gory defeated Sless Taylor – giving him two victories over Sless in as many months
- Chris LeRusso rolled out of the way of a diving Beastman, and then hit him with an array of kicks, getting the victory over Beastman in Beastman’s IWC debut. BC Steele up to his usual hijinks at ringside distracting the referee as much as he could and annoying the fans throughout the entire contest
- All did not work out for the bad guys however, as Andrew Palace overcame RC Dupree’s interference and a nasty shot in the face with the Canadian flag by JaXon Argos – finally hitting his hernia driver and defeating Argos.
- SIDE NOTE: How did Palace kick out of that flag shot right to his skull? Dude is one tough cookie.
- Bulk Nasty defeated Santana Diamonds in a contest which saw Bulk tap out to the SaunMission (the deadly submission maneuver that Santana has been perfecting under the tutelage of an as yet unnamed jiu-jitsu master)
- However, the referee’s back was turned while he was paying attention to Bulk’s road agent and math tutor BC Steele – allowing Bulk enough time to powerbomb Santana and get the victory
- After the match, Bulk kept on stomping around the ring while BC Steele took the microphone and announced that he had $10,000 in the bag he was holding – and that at the July Threat Level Midnight show all Dan Hooven, Bulk’s nemesis these past few months, had to do to get the money was to show up
- SIDE NOTE: The stage is now set for a possible Bulk vs Hooven match to end their brutal feud in July…but will Hooven show up? More importantly, where was Hooven last night? Kaiju Big Battle was in town I hear…perhaps he was there?
- In a non title match, Wardlow defeated Jimmy Vegas by countout…though Vegas had the match all but won despite Wardlow working over his leg…Vegas let his emotion get the best of him and he chased Wardlow’s manager Justin LaBar around the ring….losing track of time and space
- Vegas had it with LaBar’s constant interference in the match, and went totally berserk, even though he had been counted out, he continued to pummel LaBar outside the ring – Wardlow did not want any of what looked like a crazed and maniacal Vegas – so he stayed in the ring until…
- Jack Pollock jumped the ring barrier and attacked Wardlow…with the two of them battling each other until they were both behind the curtains
- Vegas continued his Hulk Mode, and took out some referees and security staff before finally cooling down…leaving in his wake a mess of bodies and lawsuits and a knocked out cold referee and IWC Icon CJ Sensation in the middle of the ring
- Justin Plummer looked on from ringside in utter disbelief at the carnage that Founding Father Vegas left behind
- SIDE NOTE: This knocks Vegas out of the heavyweight title match in July….leaving us with Pollock and Team Storm against Wardlow and Justin LaBar for all the gold and the fans wondering just who to cheer for
- Katie Arquette used the old ‘I lost my contact’ routine to distract and defeat Jinx in a women’s contest
- SIDE NOTE: I tried to flirt with Katie after the event but I was standing by another fan, aka Jeff, so I had no chance at all with him around
- The main event was wild – and ended up being my match of the night, loads of action so here are some highlights
- Officer Dan Murphy’s mystery tag team partner was announced as the debuting Gavel, the Flawless David Lawless
- This made up an intriguing possibly new tag team for the IWC, Law and Order
- Murphy and Lawless worked fairly well together throughout the match
- The match quickly lost control and became an all out brawl after a few minutes
- The Upper Echelon took some early momentum attacking the Sexy Talented Dudes (STDs) with kendo sticks
- Corey Futuristic and Jami Jameson took the action to the Beaver Falls Middle School bleacher, trading blows on top of the basketball floor opening
- Just a few rows from the top of the arena floor, Jameson knocked Cory to the ground, at least a 20 to 30 foot drop…luckily the rest of the combatants were brawling on the court floor and Corey landed on them
- Corey is a highly experienced street fighter in his own right, having gotten the pinfall in the famed New Kensington Street Fight that I will never stop talking about
- After knocking Jameson off the top of the arena, and in the move of the night, Jami Jameson moonsaulted onto the rest of the tag teams FROM THE TOP OF THE ARENA
- I have always said it will be dangerous should Jameson ever land his moonsault, I just never thought he’d land it from the top of an arena onto half a dozen wrestlers – just unbelievable
- After that fracas settled down, Officer Dan Murphy handcuffed PB Smooth to the ring ropes, and Murphy and Lawless were able to get the pin on Colby Redd, eliminating the Upper Echelon from the scramble
- Corey and Chest Flexor then hit the ring to battle Law and Order
- Lawless hit Corey with his gavel, then pinned Corey to eliminate the STD’s
- Officer Murphy backdropped Jameson into a ladder, and then he tried to take Marshall the Bull out with a chair, but Marshall ducked and Murphy his his partner Lawless with the chair instead
- Marshall then DDT’d Murphy headfirst into a chair that was on the ring apron, and then stuck Murphy underneath the ladder
- Marshall and Jameson took turns splashing onto the ladder, crushing in Murphy’s chest, and Jameson got the final pin on Murphy – making Marshall Gambino and Jami Jameson the winners of the match and guaranteeing them a future tag team title shot
Overall a fun evening of wrestling – setting up some good events down the road, and with that here is the return of my rankings
IWC Heavyweight Champion: Wardlow
IWC Super Indy Champion: Adam Cole
IWC Tag Team Champions: The Fraternity
IWC Women’s Champion: Britt Baker
Singles rankings – prior rankings in parentheses
- Jack Pollock (4) – has his title shot, time to see what he will do with it
- Jonathan Gresham (NR) – huge night at Super Indy, will he get another shot at Super Indy gold in July?
- Andrew Palace (2) – always in the hunt for either the Heavyweight or Super Indy title
- Chris LeRusso (NR) – finds himself in the rankings after losing his Super Indy title
- Gory (7) – back to back wins over a game Sless Taylor – perhaps a Super Indy shot for him down the line?
- Daniel Hooven (9) – win over Bulk in May moves him up a bit
- Bulk Nasty (6) – nice win over Santana but still has to defeat Hooven to gain ground so he drops in the rankings
- John McChesney (5) – has not been at the last two events, hoping he is at the July event
- Jimmy Vegas (1) – lost his mind and a chance at the title he wants one last time, how will he rebound from this?
- Santana Diamonds (8) – losses to Jameson and Bulk in recent events is causing Santana to regroup in the sauna for a bit
Tag Team Rankings – basing rankings on how the scramble played out
- Marshall the Bull and Jami Jameson – earned a spot winning a tough scramble match
- Law and Order – Officer Dan Murphy and the Gavel, Flawless David Lawless
- The STD’s – question – where are my boys Lee Ryans and Brian McDowell at?
- The Upper Echelon – really want to see these guys unleashed against the Fraternity at some point
- The Mega Plowers – given the edge in the top five over Team Storm due to their victory over Team Storm
- Ray Lyn – a given
- Katie Arquette – by virtue of defeating Jinx
- Jinx – Jinx was valiant in defeat however, and won’t fall for any more of Katie’s tricks in the future
- Chelsea Green – be still my heart
- Shotzi Blackheart – collecting victories literally across the globe right now, need her back asap
As always, thanks for reading – be sure to follow along with any action you may have missed by downloading the events or ordering the DVD’s at http://www.indywrestling.us/
There are also some good podcast interviews at http://www.indywrestling.us/ – including some recent ones by folks like the Gavel, Jinx, and Vegas that I highly recommend
Be sure to keep abreast of all the goings on at the IWC – start at their website http://iwcwrestling.com/ where you can pre-order tickets to events but also link to their other social medias on FaceBook, Twitter, Instagram, Bumble, and Dan Hooven’s Snapchat – all those links and more can be found at the site.
If you like what you read here, and if you watch Big Brother and are a lonely damsel in distress that likes long walks in the park and Burgatory – give me a follow on Twitter at @treygar
Thanks for reading, and I’ll see you at the matches.